Are you planning to go to Australia for your next vacation? Is this the first time that you are going to visit the country? You can take the help of my guide on the places to visit in Australia, planning the whole trip, amount of money that you will need and many other things. If you are living in the U.S, this will mean that you are literally traveling to the other end of the world. I am going to describe Australia tourism board.
The Tourism Industry
If you visit the website tourism.australia.com, which is the official website of the Australia tourism board, you will be able to know about Australia, especially when it come sot the tourism industry. A recent survey of the industry has revealed that more than 6 million visitors from other countries visited Australia in the year 2014 alone. It is expected to grow in the years to come.
Brief Statistics about Australia tourism board
Area of the country:- 7,692,024 Square km (6th largest country in the world)
Population:- 24.6 million (2017 figure)
Type of Government:- Government Federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy (The queen of U.K is the monarch)
Total GDP:- $1.257 trillion
Some things to remember before coming to Australia
- Almost every major city in Australia like Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane etc has an international standard airport. You will also find domestic airports in these cities as well.
- Australia is a very big country where a lot of the area is not populated. You will have to travel large distances by domestic airline. Visit Australia.com to get information about the local airlines to take you from part of a city to another.
- You will need a visa to enter Australia, except if you are from New Zealand.
- Make sure that you have made an endorsement on your passport if you are carrying more than $10000 Australian currency. It also applies to certain medicines
- Do not forget to take your travel insurance.
- The weather is a bit different in Australia since it is in the Southern hemisphere. For example, it is summer in Australia in the months between Decembers to February.
- During the summer, some states like New South Wales, South Australia, and many others switch to Daylight Savings. Make sure that you have adjusted your clock by one hour if you visit those states during the summer.
- You need to be vaccinated with the vaccine if you are coming from a country where Yellow Fever is common.
- There are four modes of transport in every state in Australia besides traveling on a plane which are Car, bus, ferry, and train. Take a car to enjoy the best in your trip. The buses and trains can travel long distances as well.
- To enjoy the most of your journey, carry at least 7000 Australian dollars with you.
Some popular places to visit in Australia
The Australia Tourism Board will recommend you to visit almost all the major cities in the country. Australia is such a big country that it will not be possible for someone to visit every location the first time. My recommendation to you is to take a long vacation of at least 45 days so that you can take out the most from your trip. Here are some of the recommended places to visit by the Australia tourism board
The Capital of New South Wales and also one of the largest cities in Australia. Do not forget to visit Sydney Opera house, Darling Harbour, and my personal favorite Taronga Zoo. If you want to enjoy 5-star hotels, make sure that you have around $300 Australian to pay for each day. You will need 1 or 2 days at least.
You can also enjoy the harbors and Concerts in the city.It Is most popular places which are recommended to visit by the Australia tourism board
It is the Coastal capital of Victoria, a state in Southeastern part of Australia. If you are a fan of cricket, you can also watch a few cricket matches in the stadium in the city. The 5-star hotels are a bit cheaper, costing around $200 for a five-star hotel. The city is known for having many renowned plazas, bars, and restaurants in its vicinity. It Is most popular places which are recommended to visit by the Australia tourism board.
You can visit the city museum in Melbourne and the Royal Exhibition Building to know more about the history and culture of the region. Do not forget to visit Queen Victoria Market, a very popular shopping complex in the city which is visited by hundreds of thousands of tourists every year.
It is a modern city beside the river by its name and capital of Queensland. You can visit Queensland Museum and Science center, Queensland Gallery of Modern Art, Mt. Coot, which is the site of Brisbane Botanic Gardens. If you like koala bears and kangaroos, plan a trip to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary to get to hold them by your hands! It Is most popular places which are recommended to visit by the Australia tourism board.
It is the coastal capital of the southern part of the country. It is known for its museums, sporting grounds for cricket, football and tennis. Do not forget to visit Glenelg beach neighborhood to have a look at dolphins and seals. Many film festivals also take place in the city. It Is most popular places which are recommended to visit by the tourism board of Australia.
Do not forget to visit the capital of the country! Expect to find many forest, farmland and nature reserves, museums and government buildings in the city.
You do not worry about booking hotels in the city because they are very affordable than many of the cities mentioned earlier.
Other places to visit in the country
I have listed some of the must-visit locations and cities in Australia. Here are the names of some other locations.
- Whitsunday Islands in Queensland
- Kuranda close to Cairns in Queensland. Do not miss the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway to view the rainforest from above.
- The Great Barrier Reef off Australia’s east coast.
- If you love skiing, visit the Perisher Blue ski resort in New South Wales.
I would suggest you take a guidebook or a tour guide along with you. Since Australia is such a big country with a small population, it is reasonable to get lost very easily. I can assure you that your trip to Australia will not disappoint you. You May interested in travel reservation USA