Almost all tourists have heard of heard Niagara Falls. If you are a frequent traveler, it must have come across your mind about visiting Niagara Falls at least once in the near future. It could be that you have already seen that place. I will talk about two Niagara Falls in this article but I will emphasize on the one which is in New York, USA. If you want to know about the other one, it is a city in Canada but there is also a famous waterfall with the same name. By the way, Niagara Falls Canada is just beside the border with USA.
Some tips on how you should plan your trip
- If you are living near the Western part of New York, it will not be a difficult task for you to go there. It is the perfect place for a honeymoon or a wedding.
- It is often a good idea to apply for a Niagara Falls USA Discovery Pass so that you can get discounts on some of the most popular tourist sites like Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds, Aquarium of Niagara, and Niagara Adventure Theater etc.
- I will recommend that you book any hotels or accommodation beforehand before going on the trip to avoid any hassle at the last moment. There is no need to worry about the budget because you will find all sorts of prices in there.
- Some of these places also offer a breakfast, spa services, tourist car service and many more things.
- For booking a hotel or accommodation online, you can visit the website of Niagara falls usa to do it before going to the trip.
- You do not need to worry about exchanging currency, withdrawing money from booth and also money transfer between banks.
- Make sure to bring appropriate clothing for the time of the year. Do not forget to pack your warmest jackets, boots and other clothes if you are going there between Novembers to March.
- I will recommend you to bring raincoat and umbrella because the mist coming from the waterfall may flow towards you and make you wet.
- Make sure that your Android’s camera is at least 13 Megapixel.
Places to visit in Niagara Falls, New York
I have mentioned “New York” to distinguish between the two places. Have a look at the most popular areas to visit in the place.
There are many other places to visit besides the Waterfall.
Visiting Niagara Falls view Casino
If you are a gambling addict, wait until the sunset. It is then that the casinos star their work. You can also enjoy the concerts and other live performances if Gambling is not your thing. You can also enjoy spa and golf in there. If I were you, I would take at least $2000 to wrestle against lady luck!
Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens
Not interested in waterfalls or casinos? How about you take a trip to the Botanical garden and the conservatory to see butterflies? You can take a tour by a Horse-drawn carriage for the entire trip! Do not miss this place if you are a big fan of nature.
Old Fort Niagara
I am a big fan of old fortresses and castles myself. Whenever I go to any country, I never miss any of them before leaving. If you are fan of History like me, do not forget to visit the 17th century Fort near Niagara Falls.
It will take you back to the 17th century as you have a tour at the underground gunpowder rooms, old army barracks and ancient cannons which were used by French, British and American troops during that time. You can also visit the visitor’s center if you are interested to know more about the history of the place. They also have audio tour guides which is available in many languages. Do not worry too much about the fee required for admission to the place.
Are you interested to learn more about the Native American Culture and history? The Smokin’ Joes Native Center can provide you with all of that. It will be a unique cultural and also a shopping experience.
Rainbow Air helicopter rides
You had an accident a few days back, but you still want to visit Niagara Falls. Why not take a helicopter ride in Rainbow Air Helicopters? The trip will not be as exciting as going from the ground, but at least you can have an overview of the area.
This is not a haunted cemetery so there is no need to be afraid! If you want to visit the graves of the people who built Niagara Falls and promoted it as one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, you can have a look in here. Many veterans of the American Civil war are also buried in here.
Aquarium of Niagara
It is home to more than a thousand species of fish. Your kids will enjoy it after a long day at the waterfall. Sea lions and penguins are some of the most sought attractions and do not forget to take a selfie while you are feeding the seals!
Places on the Canadian Side of Visiting Niagara falls
Here are some of the places on the Canadian side of the border:
Cave of the Winds
- This is one of the best attractions. Put on a hooded raincoat and accompany your guide into a cave. Walk along a catwalk to have a clear view of the wet and thunderous, cascading waters. Be careful with the wind though. It will cost around $90.
A tour around the Visiting Niagara falls
- You and 14 other people will take a Five hour tour by a cruise ship and hear live commentary on the history of the place.
It contains various gift shops, wax museums, haunted houses and many other attractions. You and your friends and family will love it!
Do not forget to visit both sides when you are visiting Niagara Falls next time. Empty your android’s memory beforehand so that you can take a lot of pictures during your visit. You May Interested in Travel and tourism industry